Freedom and Heritage has already posted a SEPARATE ARTICLE Is Islam just another Abrahamic faith? An analysis of the issues. Please read this, if you haven’t already.
Far too many people who express opinions about Islam know very little about its doctrines. The doctrines are contained in the Koran (the purported “words of Allah”) and the Sunna (the words and actions of Mohammed as reported in the Hadiths and the Sira).
Most people don’t read, or – even worse – take their ideas about Islam from lying or illiterate purveyors of misinformation. See SEPARATE ARTICLE on “Official Islam.”
Here is the nitty gritty on eight KEY ISLAMIC DOCTRINES.
We now take you briefly through these key doctrines:
- Relation to Allah
- Sharia Law
Islamic Doctrine 1: RELATION TO ALLAH
- Allah is unknowable; a Muslim cannot have a personal relationship with him
- prayer (salat) is a set formula in Arabic – an observance which is an obligation: not personal communication with Allah. NOT the same as Christian prayer!
- Allah is unpredictable, subject to no constraints. And he is the “the greatest of deceivers”.
- Muslims are the SLAVES of Allah, and kufar are to be the slaves of Muslims. Christians, on the other hand, believe they are the CHILDREN of God. Big difference.
So: A Muslim can’t think of Allah as Father, or “God is love.” Nor can he think “Great is thy faithfulness,” or even “Holy, holy, holy, Lord God almighty.” Holiness is not one of his attributes. Allah is not love but pure will – just his will. He doesn’t care for you, but you are required to be his slave.
Islamic Doctrine 2: ETHICS
- Islam has no Ten Commandments; and indeed no absolute code of morality and ethics at all. Morality is a matter of law, not conscience
- The only test of actions is whether they advance the cause of Islam: “The end justifies the means”. There is no role for conscience and humanity.
Where better to demonstrate this than in the contrast between how Jesus deals with a woman taken in adultery, and how Mohammed deals with a woman who is pregnant out of wedlock?
First, JESUS: in the gospel of John 8:3-11 –
3 The scribes and the Pharisees brought a woman who had been caught in adultery, and placing her in the midst 4 they said to him, “Teacher, this woman has been caught in the act of adultery. 5 Now in the Law, Moses commanded us to stone such women. So what do you say?”
6 This they said to test him, that they might have some charge to bring against him. Jesus bent down and wrote with his finger on the ground. 7 And as they continued to ask him, he stood up and said to them, “Let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone at her.” 8 And once more he bent down and wrote on the ground. 9 But when they heard it, they went away one by one, beginning with the older ones, and Jesus was left alone with the woman standing before him. 10 Jesus stood up and said to her, “Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?” 11 She said, “No one, Lord.” And Jesus said, “Neither do I condemn you; go, and from now on sin no more.”
Jesus did not condone or approve of her sin, but he effectively gave her a compassionate reprieve, after instructing the crowd to look into their own hearts to examine whether they were being hypocritical in calling out her sin.
Now. MOHAMMED, from the hadith of Sahih Muslim Bk 17, Number 4206 (extract):
There came to him (the Holy Prophet) a woman from Ghamid and said: Allah’s Messenger, I have committed adultery, so purify me. He (the Holy Prophet) turned her away. On the following day she said:
Allah’s Messenger, Why do you turn me away? Perhaps, you turn me away as you turned away Ma’iz. By Allah, I have become pregnant. He said: Well, if you insist upon it, then go away until you give birth to (the child).
When she was delivered she came with the child (wrapped) in a rag and said: Here is the child whom I have given birth to. He said: Go away and suckle him until you wean him. When she had weaned him, she came to him (the Holy Prophet) with the child who was holding a piece of bread in his hand. She said: Allah’s Apostle, here is he as I have weaned him and he eats food. He (the Holy Prophet) entrusted the child to one of the Muslims and then pronounced punishment. And she was put in a ditch up to her chest and he commanded people and they stoned her. …
More on ETHICS:
- Islam has a doctrine of permissible or obligatory LYING when a Muslim is talking to a kafir (See SEPARATE ARTICLES on WHAT IS A KAFIR? and TAQIYYA)
- There is NO GOLDEN RULE in Islam: treat non-Muslims differently from Muslims (worse!)
- Classic Sharia Manual ‘The Reliance of the Traveller’ prescribes “hatred for the sake of Allah, being unyielding toward the unbelievers, hard against them and detesting them” (Law w59.2)
- Non-Muslims (kafirs) are the vilest of creatures [Koran 8:55], greatly hated by Allah and his believers [40:35] – inferior, contemptible and to be subjugated.
- A kafir can be mocked [83:34], beheaded [47:4], plotted against [86:15], terrorized [8:12], disgraced [37:18] and cursed [33:16].
Islamic Doctrine 3: WOMEN
- Women are subservient to men; must be obedient and guard their chastity; and can be beaten. [Koran 4:34]
- A woman cannot refuse sex to her husband. [Koran 2:223]
- 2:282: A woman’s testimony is worth half that of a man
- 4:003: A man can have four wives AND can also take temporary wives (“pleasure marriage”) inNikah mut’ah (Shia Islam) or Nikah misyar (Sunni islam). The latter, of course, equates to prostitution
- 4:011: A woman inherits half a man’s share
- 24:31: A woman must be veiled – though the degree of this varies culturally between countries: it must cover the hair, but not necessarily the face.
Islamic Doctrine 4: INTOLERANCE
Exclusivity is built into the Islamic confession of faith, the shahada: “There is no god but Allah, Muhammad is the messenger of God”. While Jesus says “I am the way, the truth and the life: no one comes to the Father but by Me”, he makes belief in him a matter of free will. Islam does not.
In the Hadiths, Sahih Muslim 1:33 – the Messenger of Allah said: I have been commanded to fight against people till they testify that there is no god but Allah, that Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.
Islam seeks to impose its own norms, including Sharia, on the whole public space. As the Muslim minority grows, the more insistent become the demands for Sharia compliance – Islamization.
Islamic Doctrine 5: SHARIA LAW
The Sharia has rules to micromanage the whole of life. It goes much further than the notorious (and through history, not very frequently imposed) hudud criminal punishments like whipping, stoning, amputations, execution of homosexuals and apostates and critics of Mohammed or Islam. It has rules for ablution, how to go to the toilet, how to clean your teeth, prayer, funerals, charity (zakat), fasting, pilgrimage (the hajj), inheritance, marriage, divorce, and “enormities” such as ascribing partners to Allah (the Trinity), accepting usury (interest), fornication, drinking, homosexuality, making pictures, gambling and more.
There is no “spirit of the law”, only a hard legalism (shades of Jesus calling the Pharisees “whited sepulchres … full of dead men’s bones, and of all uncleanness”).
Critical study of the Koran is forbidden; so Islam has no theology but only jurisprudence (fiqh – Sharia law). The gates of ijtihad (independent critical thinking) were closed in Sunni Islam a thousand years ago.
The Reliance of the Traveller, Law a4.2: One should believe in everything brought by the Messenger of Allah … and to credit it with absolute conviction free of any doubt.
Mainstream Islam, including Salafism, Wahhabism and Shia Islam, rejects Western democracy as “rule by men” rather than rule by Allah. It wants the sharia to be the only law of the land, without need for additional statute other than to ensure that all people submit to the Sharia.
Islamic Doctrine 6: PARASITISM
- Islam is by nature parasitic. It lives off the production and wealth of kafirs [non-Muslims] without needing to produce anything itself.
- The Koran and Sunna talk much about booty and plunder from conquests and making non-Muslims pay the jizyah. Sura 8 of the Koran (chronologically the second sura “revealed” from Medina, as soon as Mohammed became a warlord) is even called “The Spoils.”
- Halal Certification is a parasitic scam; there is massive Muslim welfare fraud; and many examples of outrageous rorting of public education funds. See SEPARATE ARTICLE Halal Certification in the mass market – a briefing.
Islamic Doctrine 7: ANTISEMITISM
- Islam sees no future for the Jews but their total extermination – not just of the state of Israel, but of the Jews as a people.
- Violent anti-Semitic attacks by Muslims on Jews are growing throughout the West, worst of all in France.
- Islamic end-time prophecy in this Hadith of Sahih Muslim Bk 41, Number 6985 says: “The last hour would not come unless the Muslims will fight against the Jews and the Muslims would kill them until the Jews would hide themselves behind a stone or a tree and a stone or a tree would say: Muslim, or the servant of Allah, there is a Jew behind me; come and kill him …”
Islamic doctrine 8: JIHAD
- It is a great LIE peddled in the West that Muslims show rage and engage in violence against us because of recent Western incursions and oppression in Muslim lands. This ignores almost 1400 years of violent Jihad by Islam against non-Muslims in general, including –
- murder of 70 million Hindus, Buddhists and others in India after the Muslim conquest – the greatest genocide in human history; and
- repeated wars against the Christian West: conquest of the Holy Land (636); invasion of Spain (710) and France (turned back in 732); subjugation of the Balkans; eventual final extinguishment of the Byzantine empire (1453); conquest of Hungary (from 1526); siege to Vienna (1529); the Battle of Lepanto (1571); the Battle of Vienna (1683); attacks by the Barbary pirates seizing American merchant ships and holding the crews for ransom, demanding the U.S. pay tribute to the Barbary rulers (late 18th century to 1805); numerous wars fought by Muslims against Russia over several hundred years; and the Armenian Genocide of 1915.
Jihad means warfare to establish the religion, and is OBLIGATORY on Muslims [Koran 9:39]
Jihad is about seeking domination by Islam – BY WHATEVER MEANS IT TAKES. Non-violent means are proving very effective. These include:
Migration jihad – invasion of the West. This is now an ongoing CATASTROPHE
Womb jihad – outbreeding Westerners
Stealth jihad – infiltrating political groups and government
Educational jihad – corrupting and ‘refocusing’ education curriculums and materials, establishing Islamic schools and university centres with Saudi money; distributing millions of Korans
Financial jihad: Sharia finance; Halal Certification racket to raise funds for jihad
Inserting Islamic sympathizers into the media (eg ABC, SBS, The Project on Channel 10)
Ecumenical jihad – “interfaith” talkfests
Making alliances with the Left (which it will eventually eat)
Using the Palestinians as a wedge issue to mobilize “useful idiots”
Using our own institutions and freedoms against us
Civilizational jihad – Suppressing Christmas and Easter as “offensive” while promoting Islamic festivals (Ramadan, Eid); Demanding “multicultural” grants for Islamic Museums and community centres; removing pork from school meals; demanding Muslim prayer rooms at AFL venue, Muslim-only special facilities in swimming pools and publicly funded Muslim washrooms in universities; Banning of selling pigmeat and alcohol; Demanding that non-Muslim women cover up or be labelled sluts and raped; Calling for recognition of polygamy and sharia judgments in divorces and wills.
The Mosque is a command centre for Jihad – sometimes violent, but certainly civilizational and stealth – always pushing for more and more ways of Islamizing the entire public space.
The late king Fahd of Saudi Arabia said that a mosque in the West is: “a place to hinder assimilation of Muslims into western society so they can act as a fifth column to bring victory against an infidel world.”
His book “The Efforts of the Servant of the Two Holy Places, King Fahd bin Abdul Aziz to support the Muslim Minorities” is both Foreign Policy and a Jurisprudence for the Saudi Ministry of Religious Affairs. Translated from Arabic by Walid Shoebat in 2012.