By David Truman
This article is aimed at Christians and at anyone else who believes that “Christians, Jews and Muslims all worship the same God.” Let’s look at the theological differences, especially between Islam and Christianity.
Freedom and Heritage believes that Islam is not just another, competing faith like Buddhism, Hinduism, Sikhism, Confucianism, Judaism, Jainism, Bahai or Zoroastrianism. It is uniquely an ENEMY faith – because among all the other religions, only Islam sets out deliberately and specifically to reject and distort almost all the most fundamental elements of the teachings of and about Jesus.
Surprisingly, it affirms the VIRGIN BIRTH of Jesus:
* Koran 3:47: ‘Lord’, she [Mary] said, how can I bear a child when no man has touched me?‘
BUT it says that Jesus was MERELY A CREATED MAN:
* Koran 3:48: He [Allah] replied: ‘Even thus. God creates whom he will.’
* Koran 3:59: Jesus is like Adam in the sight of God, We created him from dust and then said to him: ‘Be,’ and he was.
It refers to Jesus as the MESSIAH, but the MEANING IS QUITE DIFFERENT from that which Christians attach to it:
* Koran 3:45: The angels said to Mary: ‘God bids you rejoice in a Word from Him. His name is the Messiah, Jesus son of Mary. He shall be noble in this world and in the world to come, and shall be ONE OF those who are favoured.
It rejects the DIVINITY OF JESUS:
* Koran 43:61: He [Jesus] was but a mortal whom we favoured and made an example to the Israelites.
It rejects the TRINITY.
* Koran 4:171-2 – God is but one God. God forbid that he should have a son!
It denies the CRUCIFIXION AND DEATH OF JESUS:
* Koran 4:157: They did not kill him, nor did they crucify him, but they thought they did.
Mind you – the Koran is internally INCONSISTENT! 19:33: “Blessed was I [Jesus] on the day I was born, and blessed I shall be on the day of my death and on the day I shall be raised to life.”
It denies the RESURRECTION of Jesus, but says that Jesus was merely taken back to God:
* Koran 4:158: Those that disagreed about him [Jesus] were in doubt concerning him; they knew nothing about him that was not sheer conjecture; they did not slay him for certain. God lifted him up to him….
The same point above about inconsistency applies.
The same verse then goes on to outlines a totally different role, in Islamic eschatology (end-time prophecy), of a “MUSLIM JESUS” from that in the Christian scriptures (Revelation):
* Koran 4:158: There is none among the People of the Book [Christians] but will believe in him before his death; and on the Day of Resurrection [the ‘Last Day’ in Islamic theology] he [Jesus] will bear witness against them.
In the Hadiths, Mohammed is reported to have said:
* Bukhari Volume 3, Book 34, Number 425:
… son of Mary (Jesus) will shortly descend amongst you people (Muslims) as a just ruler and will break the Cross and kill the pig and abolish the Jizya. Then there will be abundance of money and nobody will accept charitable gifts.
Koran 61:5-6 invents the FICTION that Jesus actually foretold the coming of Mohammed. It says that Jesus said to the Israelites: ‘I am sent forth to you from God to confirm the Torah already revealed, and to give news of an apostle that will come after me whose name is Ahmad. [another name for Mohammed]
Islam distorts and garbles the STATUS AND AUTHORSHIP OF THE GOSPELS (Injeel):
* Koran 5:47: We sent forth Jesus son of Mary, confirming the Torah already revealed, and gave him the Gospel …
In fact, the Injeel (Gospels) were not written by Jesus, but written by his apostles after Him.
Koran 7:157 implies that CHRISTIANS CORRUPTED THE GOSPEL, and also asserts that THE JEWS PERVERTED THE SCRIPTURES:
Koran 5:13 – They have tampered with words out of their context and forgotten much of what they were enjoined. You will ever find them deceitful …
Islam DENIES the fundamental teaching of Genesis that, after the Fall, man’s nature is to TOTAL DEPRAVITY:
* Koran 76:2 – We have created man from the union of the two sexes … [and] we have shown him the right path.
Islam also has totally opposite ideas about heaven (paradise) and hell.
In Christianity, HELL is a place of eternal punishment for SINNERS (Revelation 21:8). In Islam, hell is a place of everlasting torment for UNBELIEVERS, and especially women!
In Christianity, HEAVEN is a place of spiritual bliss in the presence of God and the holy angels. And “At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.” – Matt.22:30.
In Islam, paradise is a place where all the physical, sensual pleasures denied men (only men!) in the present life will be indulged – sex and wine, and running streams of water:
* Koran 37:45-48 – “Feasting on fruit… in the gardens of delight…reclining face to face upon soft couches…served with a goblet filled at a gushing fountain, white, and delicious…..with bashful, dark-eyed virgins…”
Jesus said of false prophets to come after him, “By their fruits you will know them.”
PAUL defined THE FRUIT OF THE (HOLY) SPIRIT as Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. [Galatians 5:22-23]
But the FRUITS OF ISLAM throughout history have all too often been hate, misery, violence as a way of being, callousness and cruelty, myriad social pathologies, ranting intolerance and supremacism, lying and deception, and an almost complete lack of self-control – especially by Muslim men.
Freedom and Heritage vehemently REJECTS the proposition that Islam is an Abrahamic faith. It does not worship the same God as Christians and Jews.