Islam is a counterfeit, a deliberate deception that pretends to be an Abrahamic faith having much in common with Christianity (and Judaism). Among all the other religions, only Islam sets out deliberately and specifically to reject and distort almost all the most fundamental elements of the teachings of and about Jesus.
Surprisingly, it affirms the virgin birth of Jesus :
* Koran 3:47: ‘Lord’, she [Mary] said, how can I bear a child when no man has touched me?’
BUT it says that Jesus was merely a created man:
* Koran 3:48: He [Allah] replied: ‘Even thus. God creates whom he will.’
* Koran 3:59: Jesus is like Adam in the sight of God, We created him from dust and then said to him: ‘Be,’ and he was.
It refers to Jesus as the Messiah, but the meaning is quite different from that which Christians attach to it:
* Koran 3:45: The angels said to Mary: ‘God bids you rejoice in a Word from Him. His name is the Messiah, Jesus son of Mary. He shall be noble in this world and in the world to come, and shall be ONE OF those who are favoured.
It rejects the divinity of Jesus:
* Koran 43:61: He [Jesus] was but a mortal whom we favoured and made an example to the Israelites.
It rejects the Trinity:
* Koran 4:171-2: People of the Book [here, Christians], do not transgress the bounds of your religion. Speak nothing but the truth of God. The Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, was no more than God’s apostle and his Word which he cast to Mary: a spirit from him. So believe in God and his apostles and do not say ‘Three’. Forbear, and it shall be better for you. God is but one God. God forbid that he should have a son!
* Koran 2:87: We gave Jesus son of Mary veritable signs and strengthened him with the Holy Spirit. [This, like a similar reference in 5:110, is a throwaway reference to Jesus’ words about the Holy Spirit which is not backed by any admission that the Holy Spirit is part of the Godhead.]
It denies the crucifixion and death of Jesus:
* Koran 4:157: They [The People of the Book, here the Jews] denied the truth and uttered a monstrous falsehood against Mary. They declared: ‘We have put to death the Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, the apostle of God.’ They did not kill him, nor did they crucify him, but they thought they did. [The translator gives the note: Or, literally, ‘he was made to resemble another for them’.]
NOTE: This is inconsistent with Koran 19:33: “Blessed was I [Jesus] on the day I was born, and blessed I shall be on the day of my death and on the day I shall be raised to life.” This sura repeats the same words of 19:15 concerning John the Baptist: “Blessed was he on the day he was born, and the day of his death; and peace be on him when he is raised to life.” Sura 19:33 certainly implies that Jesus did die before his resurrection.
It denies the resurrection of Jesus, but says that Jesus was merely taken back to God:
* Koran 4:158: Those that disagreed about him [Jesus] were in doubt concerning him; they knew nothing about him that was not sheer conjecture; they did not slay him for certain. God lifted him up to him….
The same passage goes on to underscore the totally different role, in Islamic eschatology, of a “Muslim Jesus” :
* Koran 4:158: There is none among the People of the Book [Christians] but will believe in him before his death; and on the Day of Resurrection [the ‘Last Day’ in Islamic theology] he [Jesus] will bear witness against them.
It invents the fiction that Jesus actually foretold the coming of Mohammed:
* Koran 61:5-6: And of Jesus son of Mary, who said to the Israelites: ‘I am sent forth to you from God to confirm the Torah already revealed, and to give news of an apostle that will come after me whose name is Ahmad [another name of Mohammed’s, meaning ‘The Praised One’ – Translator]
And it goes on immediately after this, in the most blatantly hypocritical lie, to say:
* Koran 61:7: And who is more wicked than the man who invents a falsehood about God when called upon to submit to him?
It garbles the authorship of the Gospels [Injeel]:
Koran 5:47: We sent forth Jesus son of Mary, confirming the Torah already revealed, and gave him the Gospel …
It implies that the Christians corrupted the Gospel [Injeel]:
* Koran 7:157: I will show mercy to those … that shall follow the Apostle – the Unlettered Prophet [Mohammed, who was supposedly illiterate] – whom they shall find described in the Torah and the Gospel. [There is of course no such reference in the Gospels]
It asserts that the Jews perverted the Scriptures:
Koran 2:210: Ask the Israelites how many conspicuous signs We gave them. he that tampers with the gift of God after it is bestowed on him shall find that God is stern in retribution.
Koran 4:45: Consider those to whom a portion of the Scriptures was give. They purchase error for themselves and wish to see you go astray…
Koran 5:13: But because they broke their Covenant we laid on them Our curse and hardened their hearts. They have tampered with words out of their context and forgotten much of what they were enjoined. You will ever find them deceitful…
Koran 11:111: We gave the Book to Moses, but differences arose about it. …
It denies the fundamental teaching of Genesis that, after the Fall, man’s nature is to total depravity:
* Koran 76:2: We have created man from the union of the two sexes, so that we may put him to the proof. We have endowed him with hearing and with sight and, be he thankful or oblivious of our favours, we have shown him the right path.
While it insists on SUBMISSION – belief in and obedience to Allah, on pain of frightful hellfire – it denies that man needs salvation from his inherently sinful nature; it denies that Jesus was the Son of God, sent to as a blood sacrifice (as the mandatory atonement for sin – theology from Genesis) to atone for the sins of the world; it denies that Jesus died, and that He rose again from the dead. It denies the very PURPOSE for which Christians believe Jesus came into the world – to bring salvation to the world.
Islam is a SATANIC COUNTERFEIT.
NOTE: All Koran passages are from the NJ Dawood translation (Penguin Classics).